Sightseeing tour of the island of Miyakojima
City Tour, Cultural, Shopping, Lunch not included
This is the Best Of Miyakojima which visits popular sightseeing places in Miyakojima. The first visit of the tour is Higashi-Hennazaki is the southeastern cape which is stuck out into a cobelt blue sea. At the tip of the two kilometer long, narrow peninsula stands a handsome lighthouse. This is chosen as one of The Nationally designated scenic spot. Before returning port, bus stops at the Ueno German Culture Village where the locals rescured a German crew from a shipwreck off the Coast of Miyakojima Island in 1800s.Later a replica of the ship was built to commemorate this event and a strong relationship between the people of Miyakojima and Germany was born. Today it has the Museum of Philanthropy.
O que nós vemos
• Cape Higashi-Hennazaki
• White lighthouse
• Ueno German Culture Village and Museum of Philanthropy
O que nós fazemos
• Our tour of the island of Miyakojima starts with a visit to the cape of Higashi-Hennazaki in the south-eastern part of the island and lapped by the Pacific Ocean to the left and the East China Sea to the right. It Is a narrow flat stretch of land that stands out from the cobalt blue of the sea and named after its position (“Higashi” means East, where the Sun rises).
• The promontory is a couple of km long and 160 metres wide, while the water is approximately 20 metres deep. * A snowy white lighthouse is perched on the peak offering amazing views from the observation bridge.
• This place has been declared one of Japan's top one hundred scenic spots.
• Before returning to the port and the ship, we stop at the Ueno German Culture Village, nowadays a theme park reminiscent of the place where the locals saved a German crew from a shipwreck off the coast during the 19th century. A reduced scale copy of the ship was built to commemorate the event and, from that moment onwards, a strong link was forged between the people of the island and Germany.
• The village is also home to the Museum of Philanthropy.
O que saber
• The Ocean Sky Lift may be cancelled without prior warning depending on weather conditions. • Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. • We recommend purchasing Japanese Yens on board. • Guests with mobility problems and those in wheelchairs will be assisted while getting on and off the coach. • Itinerary sequence may vary without prior warning.
English & other European tour guides are subject to availability.