AN EXCITING JOURNEY THROUGH NATURE AND CULTURE ON THE ISLAND OF MIYAKOJIMA
City Tour, Cultural, Shopping, Lunch not included
A spectacular promontory that winds out into the sea, offering unrivalled views to awe-inspired visitors that are enchanted by the nature here, and a theme park that tells of the cultural ties between Japan and Germany: every stage of this excursion offers a new discovery.
O que nós vemos
- Cape Higashi-Hennazaki
- White lighthouse
- Ueno German Culture Village and Museum of Philanthropy
O que nós fazemos
- Our tour of the island of Miyakojima starts with a visit to the cape of Higashi-Hennazaki in the south-eastern part of the island and lapped by the Pacific Ocean to the left and the East China Sea to the right. It Is a narrow flat stretch of land that stands out from the cobalt blue of the sea and named after its position (“Higashi” means East, where the Sun rises).
- The promontory is a couple of km long and 160 metres wide, while the water is approximately 20 metres deep. * A snowy white lighthouse is perched on the peak offering amazing views from the observation bridge.
- This place has been declared one of Japan's top one hundred scenic spots.
- Before returning to the port and the ship, we stop at the Ueno German Culture Village, nowadays a theme park reminiscent of the place where the locals saved a German crew from a shipwreck off the coast during the 19th century. A reduced scale copy of the ship was built to commemorate the event and, from that moment onwards, a strong link was forged between the people of the island and Germany.
- The village is also home to the Museum of Philanthropy.
O que saber
- The Ocean Sky Lift may be cancelled without prior warning depending on weather conditions.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- We recommend purchasing Japanese Yens on board.
- Guests with mobility problems and those in wheelchairs will be assisted while getting on and off the coach.
- English & other European tour guides are subject to availability.