ITALY'S HIDDEN TREASURES - LOCOROTONDO
Awarded the Orange Flag by Italy's Touring Club for its beautiful shape and the convenience of the historic centre, the ancient heart of Locorotondo unfolds in a string of picturesque views, which we will discover on a pleasant stroll.
O que nós vemos
- Murge Plateau
- Free time to walk around the historic centre
O que nós fazemos
- We will leave the port of Bari and head south towards Murge, the karst square-shaped plateau in central Puglia.
- Our destination is the town of Locorotondo, a whitewashed town in a distinctive circular shape which gave it its name.
- When we reach our destination, we will be free to explore the historic centre, a unique monument oozing charm and character with its whitewashed cottages, cobbled streets, elegant portals and balconies brimming with flowers.
- Along with the famous huts called "trulli" that are typical in Locorotondo, there are also the so-called "cummerse": small whitewashed houses in an even geometric shape with a pitched roof, which have been renovated and opened up to tourists for accommodation in the area.
- As well as admiring the architecture and picturesque panoramic views on our walk, we can also stop and enjoy a taste of the excellent DOC white wine produced locally in the heart of Itria Valley where Locorotondo lies.
O que saber
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- This excursion does not include a guide.