THE BREMENHAVEN MARITIME MUSEUM
City Tour, Cultural
A unique chance to dive into the world of seafaring from its beginnings to the present day, admiring the original equipment and artefacts and all kinds of boats, from barks to military submarines. Time to let loose the mariner in all of us!
O que nós vemos
- Bremerhaven Maritime Museum
- Ship artefacts from various eras
- Hanseatic cog from 1380
- Real ships and vessels in the park
O que nós fazemos
- Our shuttle bus from the port will take us on a short trip to the Bremerhaven Maritime Museum, just a few meters away from the drop off point.
- We'll have the chance to visit one of the largest collections of maritime relics in the world, tracing the history of seafaring as we wind our way through the museum's rooms and the park outside.
- We'll begin our visit inside the museum with its displays of ship equipment from past centuries, uniforms, ship decks and smaller craft. One of the highlights is the an incredibly well-preserved Hanseatic cog that dates back to 1380, the only surviving example of this kind of boat, which was widely used by Medieval traders.
- Our visit will continue outside, where we can admire real ships in the open air, including the large bark Seute Deern, the polar vessel Gronland and a U-boat from the Second World War.
- The museum is also a research centre and a point of reference for maritime science in Northern Europe.
O que saber
- Tour includes the entrance fee of the museum and a ticket for the Shuttle bus.
- The visit at the museum is free.
- The tour does not feature neither a guide nor an escort.
- Last shuttle bus from the city center at 1.00pm.