NATURE AND CULTURE IN ISHIGAKI
City Tour, Lunch not included
View of Mt.Hakodate and the Tsugaru Straits from the observatory.
The star-shaped vista that shines on the grounds of Goryokaku Fort, a special historic spot.
Goryokaku Tower in height 107m, from the observatory Hakodate and Tsugaru Strait, Yokotsu mounta
O que nós vemos
• Kabira bay on a glass-bottomed boat
• Coral reef
• Minsa Kogei Kan textile workshop
• Banna park lookout
O que nós fazemos
• We start our excursion by getting onto a glass-bottomed boat to explore Kabira bay by sea. While keeping our feet dry, our boat lets us observe the amazing coral reef which boasts the largest coral concentration in Japan with over 215 varieties. With a bit of luck, we might even spot the giant manta rays that inhabit these seas.
• Our next stop is the Minsa Kogei Kan textile workshop specialising in the creation of traditional fabrics in the minsa style used as wedding gifts to future husbands. During our visit, we will observe the weaving process to discover all the secrets of this ancient art and have the opportunity to purchase items made with the workshop fabrics such as bags, ties and many other accessories.
• We end the tour with a stop at the Banna park lookout offering enchanting views of the Yaeyama archipelago islands, which of course we immortalise on camera.
O que saber
• The order of the visits may vary should more than 2 coaches be used. • The glass-bottomed boat ride is subordinated to weather conditions. • Wheelchair users must be accompanied. • Comfortable shoes with a low heel are recommended. • Traffic jams are to be expected during tourist season. • The order of the visits may vary depending on local or seasonal events.
English & other European tour guides are subject to availability.