OVERLAND TOUR TO ANGKOR WAT - FROM SINGAPORE TO PORT KLANG - 4 days/3 nights - double room
City Tour, Naturalista,Naturalista,Naturalista,Naturalista, Cultural,Cultural,Cultural,Cultural, Meal included
This 4-day tour will allow us to live one of the most intense experiences of the whole cruise. A mystical journey through the most beautiful temples of Cambodia that will leave us speechless.
O que nós vemos
- Flight from Singapore to Siem Reap
- Arrival at the Hotel and free time
- Typical dinner at the Apsara Theatre and a folkloristic show
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Visit to the Angkor Thom, Elephant’s Terrace, King Leper’s Terrace, Bayon
- Visit to Ta Proh,
- Visit to the Angkor Wat
- Photo stop at Phnom Bakheng
- Return to the hotel and dinner
- The possibility to see the temple of Angkor Wat at dawn
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Visit at Banteav Srei and Banteay Samre
- Visit at the d’Angkor artisans
- Return to the hotel and free
- Flight from Siem Reap to Kuala Lumpur
- Panoramic tour of Kuala Lumpur with a packed lunch
- Return to the ship
O que nós fazemos
- The first day of this adventure will be dedicated to travel from Singapore to Siem Reap. Once at the hotel we will have free time to relax after the trip and get ready for dinner.
- We will therefore immerse ourselves in the Cambodian culture from the first day while enjoying traditional dishes and admiring a traditional Apsara dance show. An experience not to be missed!
- After breakfast at the hotel we will head to the complex of Angkor Thom, a city surrounded by walls dating back to the twelfth century and the capital of Jayavarman VII.
- Among the 5-door access to the city, the most famous is certainly the southern entrance characterized by huge sculptures of the Buddha of Compassion pointing to the four cardinal points.
- We will continue visiting the site reaching the city centre where there is the Bayon. Built mainly as a Buddhist temple, it will surprise us with 200 smiling faces carved on 54 towers of the structure. We will then proceed to “King Leper’s Terrace” and the Terrace of the Elephant. The aforementioned structure covers more than 300 meters and is beautifully adorned with bas-reliefs depicting numerous elephants on the parade. We will feel like European explorers whilst visiting the spectacular Ta Prohm, a Buddhist monastery dedicated to the mother of King Jayavarman VII, one of the most popular temples of Angkor. This building has remained in the same condition in which it was discovered, and it is still covered in part by the surrounding jungle and giant trees. After lunch we will go to Angkor Wat by bus, where we will visit this wonderful temple and the symbol of Cambodia. It is the representation of Mount Meru, the home of the gods: the five central towers symbolize the five peaks of the mountain, while the walls and the moat symbolize the mountains and the ocean that surrounds it.
- Before returning to the hotel for dinner we will make a stop at Phnom Bakheng from which we will be able to take in the breathtaking view of the whole temple complex.
- For those who want to bring an indelible memory of Angkor Wat, we will have the opportunity to admire the temple in all its glory at the crack of dawn.
- We will then continue with a visit to Banteav Srei temple dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva, also called Fortress of Women, one of the smaller temples but known as a "precious gem" for the countless, very detailed decorations in the red sandstone. Afterwards we will proceed to the Banteay Samre temple, typical of Angkor architectural style, known as "The bathroom of the King" and before lunch we will make a brief visit at the Wat Thmey, a memorial dating back to more recent times, where there are preserved skeletons and skulls of the deceased during the sad period of the war of the Khmer Rouge.
- After lunch at a local restaurant, we will reach Senters, the Angko’s Artisans r to discover the traditional Khmer techniques used for wood and stone carvings, lacquering and gilding. Then we will make a complete tour of the different stores to see how the raw material is transformed into beautiful handicrafts. There will be some free time to stroll around the central market and in the nearby Pubstreet, beaming with shops, bars and restaurants.
- Dinner will be served in the FCC Restaurant in the relaxing Art Deco atmosphere.
- A day dedicated to the return trip from Siem Reap to Port Klang.
- Before reaching the ship in the afternoon, we will have the opportunity to take a sightseeing tour of one of the most dynamic Asian cities: Kuala Lumpur famous for its 452 meter high Petronas Towers.
O que saber
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- This excursion requires a minimum number of participants to operate. In the event of cancellation it is possible to organise private tours.
- The tour must be booked at least 60 days before the start of the excursion. Taxes on air tickets and the cost of reserving the hotel rooms, included in the price of the tour, will not be refunded after booking, whatever the reason for the cancellation (including medical reasons with a medical certificate). In the case of cancellation these penalties will be debited from your on-board account.
- In order to take part in this excursion it is necessary to have your passport with you.
- Passports and personal belongings are your responsibility and must be kept safe and not left unattended during the entire excursion.
- This excursion is conducted mainly on foot, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.