A STROLL IN BARI AND A PANORAMIC TRAIN TOUR
This tour will allow us to visit the heart of Bari were we explore by foot and travel on a small tourist city train.
O que nós vemos
- Old Town of Bari: The Basilica of St. Nicholas
- Castello Norman-svevo (exterior visit)
- The new City
O que nós fazemos
- This tour allows us to visit the beautiful old town of Bari and its hidden "gems": we will start from the Basilica of St. Nicholas, built in a classic Apulia Romanesque style during the Norman domination, and in which the renowned relics of the Saint are kept, patron of city, and the Cathedral
- The tour continues following the road of the Orecchiette to the famous Norman Castel, (an exterior visit) a symbol fortification of Bari and ancient defensive bulwark of the Old City. Built by the Normans in the twelfth century, destroyed in 1156 and then rebuilt by Frederick II between 1233 and 1240, the manor is one of the most interesting forts in the region, especially thanks to its strategic location. Fascinating testimony of the medieval building, the castle has numerous enhancements attributable to later ages and today inside it are regularly organized festivals and exhibitions.
- Leaving the old part, we will resume on train to reach Piazza Ferrarese, and continue on foot to the infamous Column where we will have some free time.
- We will resume the train for a brief overview of Bari seafront, dotted with palaces from the thirties.
- A' la fin de la visite nous retournerons au port à bord d'un bus shuttle.
O que saber
- The visit of the Old Town includes a walking trail approximately 2 hours.
- We recommend appropriate clothing to visit religious sites.
- The tour is not recommended for guests with mobility difficulties.
- Il est recommandé de porter des chaussures confortables.?