OSAKA CASTLE AND STROLL IN DOTONBORI
City Tour, Cultural, Shopping, Lunch not included
Two contradictory yet complementary sides of Osaka combine on this enchanting excursion that will take us to the charming setting of a 16th-century castle surrounded by a large park steeped in history. Then we will be amazed on a stroll though the ultra-modern, bustling Dotonbori district with its neon signs and huge screens constantly attracting the attention of passers-by.
O que nós vemos
- Osaka castle and park
- 17th-century walls
- Dotonbori district
O que nós fazemos
- We start off our excursion with the famous Osaka castle, one of the most popular and important monuments in the country and a true architectural gem erected in the 16th century.
- We wander around the large park that surrounds the castle with its main keep, with its characteristic green pagoda roofs and golden ornaments, as well as numerous minor outbuildings belonging to the ancient manor. Even though many parts were rebuilt during the modern age, this ancient place steeped in history remains fascinating.
- We admire the *imposing stone walls built in 1620 that are still practically intact to this day. They were built with huge granite blocks taken from the quarries in the Seto Inland Sea and decorated with the symbols of the various families that placed them on the wall.
- Our second destination is the Dotonbori district in the centre of Osaka along the southern bank of the Dotonbori-gawa canal. It is a succession of restaurants and shops illuminated with large neon signs and giant screens.
- We wander along the streets, which are often the location for Japanese and foreign films, and immerse ourselves in the lively bubbly atmosphere that characterises this area before heading back to the coach and back to the ship.
O que saber
- The length of the coach transfer depends on the itinerary.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Traffic jams are to be expected during tourist season.
- Money cannot be exchanged in the port, we recommend buying Japanese currency beforehand.
- Visibility during the tour is subject to weather conditions.
- Comfortable shoes with a low heel are recommended.
- The visit to the Osaka castle includes a 30 minute walk.
- English & other European tour guides are subject to availability.